A 'portfolio statement', also known as a 'statement of account' provides a breakdown and valuation of all holdings in your portfolio as of a specified date.
The information in a portfolio statement includes:
- holding name and ticker code
- number of units held
- price as of market close on the specified report date
- total holding value as of market close on the specified report date
- portfolio weighting expressed as a percentage
- the total value of your portfolio including your cash balance
Portfolio statements can be used for your own personal records, or as supporting documentation (i.e. for a Centrelink claim).
How do I download a portfolio statement?
You can generate a portfolio statement via the Selfwealth website:
- Log in to the Selfwealth website
- Click Trading Account on the left-hand navigation bar (you may need to scroll down to see this option)
- Click on the Reports tab
- Click on the Portfolio tab
You should now see a list of holdings in your portfolio. By default, the report will show your ASX holdings as of the end of the previous trading day. You can switch to your international portfolios using the 'Account' drop-down menu (1) or generate a report for a previous date using the 'Report Date' field (2).
You can export a copy of the report using the Export button (3). You can export your report as either a PDF or CSV file.