To open a US Trading Account you must have an active SelfWealth ASX trading account.
If you are new to SelfWealth you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a current Australian Tax Resident
- Have submitted an Australian Tax File Number (TFN) as part of your ASX Trading Account
For more information on how to open an ASX Trading Account click here.
I already have an active SelfWealth ASX Trading Account, what's next?
Please see the below process to add US Trading to your portfolio:
- Log In to your account
- Click your avatar (top-right corner of the screen)
- Click "Settings"
- Select the blue "Add US Trading" button on the Active ASX Trading Portfolio. You will then be taken to the SelfWealth US Trading Registration
- Confirm you have selected the correct trading Portfolio
- Confirm your account details
- Select if you would like to transfer US stocks and USD cash from another custodian (this can be completed once the account is active and you have received a PhillipCapital ID)
- Confirm if your Politically Exposed Person (PEP) status has changed (you may be required to provide additional information to verify your status)
- You will be asked to enter your password and accept the US Application Declaration (SelfWealth & Phillip Capital Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide)
- You will be asked to submit a W-8BEN form as part of the application process.
If you are adding US Trading to an Individual or Joint application you can proceed to completing the form through our online tool.
If you are adding US Trading to a Super Fund / Trust / Company account you will need print off the form, complete it and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the W-8BEN forms and their submission click here.
- After this submission has been completed, you will receive an email when your US Trading account is active (usually within 24 hours) along with your PhillipCapital ID.
For a full breakdown of the requirements to open add US Trading Account please access the below documents:
Other people found these related articles helpful