Unlike the Australian Equities markets which may be held via a sponsored holding in the client’s name, international equities are held in custody on behalf of the beneficial owner. Your shares will be registered in the name of the custodian on behalf of the beneficial owner.
SelfWealth (SW) has engaged Phillip Capital Limited (PhillipCapital) to provide the custody and trading services for SelfWealth members.
You will need to complete the Transfer US stock form and email it to email@example.com as well as your current custodian. This form can be located by logging into your account > click on the avatar > documents and forms > Transfer US securities form.
- Each owner of the account must supply photo ID to validate the instruction.
- Digital signatures are not accepted, you will need to print, sign and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note the relinquishing custodian of your US holdings, may have rules that prohibit the release of transfers to another custodian (e.g: CMC require each line of stock to be worth $10,000 AUD value to be transferred). You should check with your custodian for their rules prior to submitting your transfer to SelfWealth.
- You cannot transfer certificated US holdings to your SelfWealth US trading account. We can only accept stock that is held electronically with another custodian.
- You cannot transfer stocks from ComputerShare as they are held with a share registry, not a custodian.
- You cannot transfer shares across from Continental as your shares would need to be transferred via DRS, which we cannot facilitate.
- Please allow 10 business days for the stock transfer to be completed and for the holdings to appear on your account.
- SelfWealth does not charge stock transfer fees when transferring US securities to your account. However, please note you may be charged transfer out fees by your current custodian.