A 'share registry' is an organisation that manages the registry of shareholders on behalf of a given company. The registry has the following responsibilities:
- recording changes in share ownership
- issuing shareholding statements
- managing dividend payments, bonuses and rights issues
How can I find out which share registry manages a holding?
You can find the share registry for a particular holding using the ASX company directory (you can visit the ASX company directory by clicking here).
Once you've opened the company directory, simply follow the steps below:
- Type the name or ticker code (e.g. Selfwealth or SWF) of the holding into the search bar at the top
- Click on the desired result to view company information
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the share registry details