The following documents are required to verify your identity, where you do not pass the electronic verification process.
- Two 'Category A' documents, or,
- One 'Category A' document and One 'Category B' document
- One 'Category A' document and One 'Category C' document
At least one document must display your name and current residential address and match the details provided in your SelfWealth application.
Category A ID Documents
A certified copy of a government-issued photo ID document.
- A current driver’s licence or government-issued permit that contains your photo and date of birth. The front and back of the driver’s licence must be provided.
- A passport issued by the government containing a photograph of the applicant and date of birth. (Australian passports may have expired within the last two years but not have been cancelled. All other passports must be current)
- A national identity card issued for the purpose of identification, that:
- contains a photograph and the signature of the person in whose name the document is issued, and;
- is issued by a foreign government.
Category B ID Documents
A certified copy of evidence of address only.
- A tax assessment notice issued by the ATO within the preceding twelve months;
- A government benefits notice within the preceding twelve months;
- A utility bill within the preceding three months;
- A local government rates notice within the preceding three months;
Category C ID Documents
An original or certified copy of a government-issued non-photographic ID document that hasn't expired.
- A card issued under a law of a State or Territory for the purpose of proving the person’s age which contains a photograph of the person in whose name the document is issued and date of birth.
- A Medicare card