To open an HKEX Trading Account, you must have an active Selfwealth ASX trading account.
If you are new to Selfwealth you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a current Australian Tax Resident
- Have submitted an Australian Tax File Number (TFN) as part of your ASX Trading Account
For more information on how to open an ASX Trading Account click here.
I already have an active Selfwealth ASX Trading Account, what's next?
If you already have a Selfwealth ASX trading account (or once your ASX trading account is approved), you can apply for Hong Kong trading immediately.
We've prepared a video that quickly runs you through how to apply:
Alternatively, you can follow the below steps to add Hong Kong trading:
- Login to the SelfWealth website (https://secure.selfwealth.com.au/)
- Click Settings on the left-hand navigation bar (you may need to scroll down to see this option)
- Click on the Portfolios tab. This will bring up a list of all portfolios attached to your account.
- Locate the portfolio you would like to add Hong Kong trading to, then click the Select a Market menu and select Add HK Trading
- This will bring you to the 'SelfWealth HK Trading Registration' menu. Confirm you have selected the correct trading portfolio and click Continue
- You will be shown a brief summary of your account details with SelfWealth, make sure that these are correct before proceeding.
- Select whether you would like to transfer existing HKEX stocks from another custodian (this can also be completed once the account is active)
- Confirm whether your Politically Exposed Person (PEP) status has changed
- Click Continue
- Enter your password and accept the 'Hong Kong Application Declaration' (SelfWealth & Phillip Capital Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide), then click Submit.
Congratulations, your Hong Kong trading application has now been submitted! You will receive an email once your Hong Kong Trading account is active (usually within 24 hours).
Please note: if your portfolio has multiple signatories, all account-holders must log in to their account and complete the above process before your Hong Kong trading account can be activated. You can check the signatories on a portfolio by logging into the SelfWealth website, clicking Trading Account > Account Details. The signatories will be listed under 'Individuals'.