Selfwealth's 'Target Portfolio' functionality allows you to select a model portfolio (your 'target') for the purpose of comparison (using the 'Comparisons' tool) or to automatically align your own portfolio to your target (using the 'Portfolio Alignment' tool).
What Target Portfolios can I choose from?
For your target, you can choose between two 'auto-target' portfolios built from Selfwealth's community-sourced data, or create your own custom Target Portfolio.
- SW Top 10 Members - a portfolio containing the top 20 stocks held by the top 10 performing Selfwealth members.
- SW Members ETF - a portfolio containing the 10 most popular exchange traded funds (ETFs) held by the Selfwealth community.
- Custom - a Target Portfolio of your own design based on any combination of up to 10 other Selfwealth community member portfolios, or your own virtual portfolio (you must have Selfwealth Premium to select a custom target).
How do I select a Target Portfolio?
To make use of the Target Portfolio functionality, you will first need to select a Target.
Follow the below steps to select a Target Portfolio:
1. Log in to the Selfwealth website.
2. Click Set Target Portfolio (you may need to scroll down to see this option).
3. Click on the Target you want to select ('Custom' is only available for Selfwealth Premium members, for more information on setting up a Custom Target please click here).
4. The annual performance of your selected Target will be shown below (1). You can view a list of holdings in the selected Target by clicking Holdings in this Target Portfolio (2). Once you're ready, you can select your Target by clicking Select Target (3).
5. Once it's selected, you can change your Target Portfolio at any time by clicking Change Target Mode.
How do I compare my portfolio to my Target?
Accessing the 'Comparisons' Tool
The 'Comparisons' tool allows you to compare your own portfolio to your selected Target, or to any one of the major Australian indices.
You can access the Comparisons tool by clicking Compare My Portfolio on the left-hand navigation bar (you may need to scroll down to see this option).
Using the 'Comparisons' Tool
At the top of the 'Comparisons' screen, you will see a graph comparing your portfolio performance and Target performance, as a line chart showing cumulative daily percentage change.
You can add/remove your portfolio (1) or your Target (2) from the graph using the provided checkboxes. You can also add an index to the chart using the Select to Compare drop-down menu (3).
You can adjust the period shown on the graph using the bottom-left drop-down menu (4), and you can change the chart type using the bottom-right drop-down menu (5).
Using the 'Performance Breakdown' Tool
Below 'Comparisons', you can use the 'Performance Breakdown' tool to view your portfolio's or your Target's percentile ranking among the Selfwealth community over various time periods.
You can toggle between your portfolio and your target using the two buttons at the top (1).
The filled portion of the table (2) indicates your percentile ranking and shows your total gain/loss over each of the given time frames (i.e. last 1 day, last 1 month, last 3 months etc.).
The white boxes in the table show the average gain/loss for each of the percentile groups over a given period (3).
How do I align my portfolio to my Target?
Using the 'Portfolio Alignment Tool', you can automatically generate the necessary buy and sell orders to mirror your own portfolio to your Target.
Please note: by using the portfolio alignment tool, your existing portfolio may be liquidated and new holdings may be purchased in order to align your portfolio to your Target. You will be charged the standard brokerage fee for each order that is fully or partially filled as a result of using the 'Portfolio Alignment Tool'.
Follow the below steps to align your portfolio to your target:
1. Log in to the Selfwealth website.
2. Click Align Portfolio to Target on the left-hand navigation bar (you may need to scroll down to see this option).
3. Drag the alignment slider all the way to the right. Your 'Resulting Alignment' should be 100%.
4. A summary of the resulting buy and sell orders will be shown below. You can exclude particular orders from the alignment by unticking the 'Trade' checkbox (1) and ticking the 'Exclude' checkbox (2).
5. When you're happy with the orders being submitted, click Generate and Review Orders.
6. This will bring up the 'Generate and Review Orders' dialog. At the top, you can choose between automatically submitting your orders (1) or generating the orders but submitting them manually (2). Below this, you can choose your 'Price Type' and 'ExpiryType' (3).
Please note: for the Auto Order Submission option, we recommend using the Market then Limit price type. This is because Limit orders will be generated with an aggressive limit designed to fill immediately, which may be undesirable. By using the Manual Order Submission option, you can manually edit your limits as required before sending the orders to market.
7. When ready, click Generate Orders.
Please note: if you selected Manual Order Submission, you will need to go to My Orders and click the Not Submitted tab. You can then select each order and review/submit them manually (including changing the limit price if required).