Follow the below instructions to place a Buy or Sell order on the Hong Kong Exchange (HKEX):
- Navigate to the 'Place Orders' page by clicking Buy or Sell on the left-hand navigation bar
- Under 'Search Stock' input the name or code of the stock you wish to trade
- For 'Order Type', select whether you wish to Buy or Sell the selected stock
- Enter the quantity of the stock (note that the amount must equal at least one board lot value)
- Select your preferred 'Price Type' (click here for further information on the available options)
- If you selected Enhanced Limit as your 'Price Type', enter your preferred price per unit
- Click Review Order
- If you are satisfied with your order details, click Confirm Order
When you click Confirm Order, your order will be sent to the exchange to be filled. If the exchange is not currently trading your order will be queued and submitted to the market at the beginning of the next 'continuous trading session'. Click here for more info on the HKEX trading hours.
Please note: as of March 2022, Hong Kong trading is not currently available on the Selfwealth mobile app. You can still place an order for HKEX shares via the Selfwealth website.